Comment faire un signalement

How to report child abuse

If you suspect that a child is being mistreated or neglected, notify Child Protection Services at the nearest office of the Department of Social Development. You do not need proof – simply state what you know. Never assume that someone else has already alerted Child Protection Services. Reports can be made during regular office hours or, in an emergency, outside of regular office hours, on weekends and on statutory holidays.

All New Brunswick residents are REQUIRED to report cases of children they suspect are being mistreated or neglected.

You can also file a report at 1-888-99ABUSE (1-888-992-2873).

Outside of regular office hours – Monday to Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m., and all day Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays – call Emergency Social Services (ESS) at 1-800-442-9799.

If the child is in immediate danger, call 911 or your local police department.